As the world wakes up to its plastic destruction, one way the music scene is fighting back is with its Ecological footprint. With more and more creative initiatives to help save our planet arrises, uniting people with music and leaving without a trace is in its prime.
Epizode 4 has a focus on green credentials with the new eco-initiatives. Their goal is to yo minimize the harmful impact and strengthen the idea of a community coming together to celebrate the environment while listening to good music.
Music Festivals all have the power to educate not only themselves but local partners, and its audience about the importance of their environment and the responsibility that one can take to prevent the collapse of the eco-system.
Here are some of Epizode's Eco-Friendly Initiatives this year to positively influence the attitudes and behavior of our beloved guests.
1) Plastic water bottles are no longer presented.
beWater who will be supplying Epizode with water in aluminum cans. beWater have committed to fully managing the entire life cycle of their cans, from distribution to collection & recycling to supporting crucial local causes.
2) Plastic straws are replaced with eco-friendly wild grass straws from our local partner Zero Waste Saigon.
3) Tableware we use in foodcourt is now made from recycled sugarcane and decomposes in 45 days.
Provided by Ho Chi Minh based company Green Domino Eco Solutions.
4) Festival launches cup sharing system in the bars.
You get the cup with a deposit of 1 token when buying your first drink at any bar and keep it with you. Cups can be exchanged for clean ones with the purchase of a new drink. Just ask the bar staff. Used cups can be returned and the deposit will be refunded.
5) Separated waste collection approach will be represented on the Epizode festival. We provide three types of trash bins: for plastic, aluminum and mixed garbage with a transparent system of its further recycling.
In collaboration with Phu Quoc Clean & Green Epizode have also organized two cleaning events to remove the waste from the beach. The first one was successfully taken place on the 15th of December by the global Epizode team and local volunteers. The second round will be held on the 3rd of January and invites all the guests to participate.